Meri L. McEneny
After two decades of creating defensible space on her own property, Meri
became involved in the business of defensible space after a disastrous wildfire in
Carson City, Nevada. In July 2004, the Waterfall Fire burned for six days consuming close to 9,000 acres. Meri worked to provide site assessments on plant and other
natural resources, educated the public about reducing the wildfire threat, and, with the fire department and the Nevada Fire Safe Council, worked to find defensible space
solutions for the community. In 2007, Meri started Defensible Space Solutions.
• B.S. Hydrology, University of Nevada, Reno
• Business owner and heavy equipment operator since 2007
• Over 200 projects with no property damage or accidents
• 25+ years working as a horticulturalist and botanist specializing in native plants
• 15+ years, and counting, learning directly from fire fighters and foresters in
Nevada and California
Allow us to discuss your defensible space needs with you today.